It is always wiser to review, observe and monitor your operational workflow. Whether it is a manual or an automatic management workflow, you must keep a tab on the performance of the servers, apps, sites and other related infrastructure. And that is why we are proud to present this blog on SaaS monitoring that will walk you through the best of benefits, best practices, and tools that one can avail from SaaS monitoring. Well, if that is what you have been wondering off late, you are definitely on the right page. Without any further ado, let us get started right away. These are the following bits that we will be learning today:
Table of Contents
- What is SaaS Monitoring?
- Top Benefits of SaaS Monitoring
- Best practices for SaaS Monitoring
- SaaS Monitoring Tools
What is SaaS Monitoring?
So, what exactly is SaaS monitoring? In simple words, SaaS monitoring is a performance tracking solution that gives you complete visibility into each of your system’s aspects. This includes your enterprise’s digital space as well. Additionally, SaaS monitoring extends beyond your organization’s assets to provide monitoring data across the public Internet to allow greater awareness and control of the user experience.
Not just that, SaaS monitoring allows you to ensure a convenient customer experience that renders real-time data right from the user’s browser.
This enhances the overall awareness, visibility and also the ability to affix issues without really having to rely on a service provider’s help desk. Isn’t that a relief? Moreover, SaaS monitoring tools have been said to offer an extra layer of accountability. Let us now delve into some of its benefits that second this point.
Like what you are reading?
Sign up for our newsletter
Top Benefits of SaaS Monitoring
- It helps in enhancing the security of cloud applications and networks and ensures that there are no further security breaches, whatsoever.
- It also aids in easing the deployment of continuity plans. It strives to enable a proactive strategy rather than a reactive one for remediating risks and issues at the earliest.
- It leads to optimized service availability with instant issue reporting and fast solutions
- As it is a subscription-based solution, it keeps your cost relatively low and leads to minimizing cost leaks
- Further, you can see that the scaling for increased activity is seamless and works well in organizations of any size
- It has an omnichannel network. Here, these tools can be accessed across several types of devices, which include computers, tablets, and phones. With this, your organization can track apps from any location too.
- It leads to simple installation because all of the requisites, such as infrastructure and configurations are already in place
Best practices for SaaS Monitoring
- Keep a tab on your service’s usage and fees. With strong monitoring solutions, you can know how much activity and what kind of activity is going around on your system along with its estimated costs per se.
- Select the activities that you wish to be get monitored. Pick only the metrics that matter the most and the ones that affect your bottom line.
- Make it a point to use a consolidated platform to report every bit of your data. All of your solutions can are used to report data from different sources can sum on a single platform.
- Learn how to separate your centralized data. Start to store your monitored files away from the rest of your files. You don’t want to call for unnecessary trouble. In short, opt for a single source of truth.
- Start to monitor the user experience. To get the full picture of performance, review metrics such as response times and frequency of use.
- Take control of the critical business operations. SaaS monitoring can help in alerting about the abnormalities way before the customers get affected by it. Not just that, it will also render vital data that can aid in affixing the issue before it impacts productivity.
1. New Relic
New Relic is a tool that helps in application monitoring, customer experience monitoring, and analytics of monitored data. In order to better analyze data monitoring, this tool has built its insights products that let you to perform queries data against the third party data and monitored data as well.
If you are looking for a totally different approach to data monitoring that powers an all-in-one offerings, then you should say hello to Dynatrace. It makes the best use of artificial intelligence and targets the new modern eBiz people. These tools connect application monitoring with user-experience-, network-, server-, cloud- and infrastructure-monitoring.
If you are on a budget and looking for a SaaS monitoring tool, opt for the OpsGenie tool. This will allow you to carry out schedules, escalation policies, and incident routings. Further, it has flexibility in alerting workflows that help in lessening your dependency on network operation teams.10
SaaS monitoring is an integral part and parcel of your company’s management and security processes. If your security is being compromised, you will have to come up with something that keeps you as well as your customers safe and trusted. We hope that you would have received substantial knowledge on the best of SaaS monitoring benefits, best practices as well as on tools that aid in keeping a strict eye on your data.
Simran hails from the content marketing backdrop with extensive knowledge in blogs, articles, and technical whitepapers in the non-fictional domain. She uses her ‘gift of the gab’ to explore new possibilities on her way and to make an exquisite impact on her readers. In her spare time, she likes to read journals on artificial intelligence or play with her cute kittens.
Published August 25, 2021, Updated June 22, 2022